Features of the Home
POLISHED CRAFTSMANSHIP AND CLASSIC ELEGANCE IN SAN FRANCISCO
The timeless beauty of this meticulously renovated late 19th Century Italianate Victorian, captures the rich history, elegance and ease of life in the heart of San Francisco’s sought-after Castro/Eureka Valley neighborhood and recasts the past in a refreshing new light.
Step inside this carefully crafted 3+ bedroom 4 bath 3-story home where exceptional detailing testifies to the skilled craftsmanship that has been lavished unstintingly throughout. Crown moldings grace the lofty nearly 11-foot-high ceilings of the living room and skylit dining room revealing an uncompromising elegance. The limestone-clad fireplace warms the living room with an adjacent custom built-in window bench, a perfect perch to bask in the sun or just relax and enjoy the scenery through the abundant windows here.
On the main level the formal rooms lead to the chef’s styled kitchen area agleam in white cabinetry complete with quartz counters, SS appliances, a work/seating island and pantry area which stands ready to tackle ambitious meals. Opening directly out onto the brick-clad patio the house readily accommodates al-fresco dining and entertaining. A den/family area sits adjacent to the kitchen. The main floor bath is tastefully designed to function as a powder room and full bath for the adjacent den/family area located directly across from the eat-in kitchen.
A realm apart the entire top level encompasses the well-appointed primary suite with a spacious en suite bath, Heath tiled shower and separate tub area plus a skylit custom walk-in closet. Recessed lighting and a vaulted ceiling accentuate the spaciousness of this bedroom suite. It would be difficult to find a better outdoor vantage point than on the top floor 2-tiered deck area which catches the sun in winter and, year-round, admires the nighttime lights of a city that, though just outside seems nonetheless a world away.
The lower level has 2 bedrooms and 2 ensuite baths. An additional separate entrance to the second bedroom creates the option for an ideal home office arrangement or lower-level apartment with its own slate paved and private patio area. Style and good taste extend, as well, to the artfully landscaped patios and decks throughout where potted specimen plantings grace the outside areas.
Pleasing is it indeed to dwell amid such time-honored craftsmanship-and far more satisfying, still, to find it just minutes away from the heart of a vibrant city where this cosmopolitan and sophisticated home provides an ideal base from which to appreciate the dazzling delights of life in this coveted enclave of San Francisco. Live just a stone’s throw to Castro shops, famed Dolores Park, steps to both Mission and Noe neighborhood shops and a multitude of restaurants and nearby Muni, and shuttles to tech workplaces and so much more.
- 3 bedrooms 4 full baths approximately 2817 sq. ft.
- Top floor primary bedroom with sumptuous bath, skylit custom walk-in closet, and separate Heath-tiled tub and shower
- A two-tiered deck is exclusive to this primary bedroom suite offering beautiful views of the cityscape all around
- Formal living room with fireplace, and skylit dining room
- Beautifully renovated kitchen includes glass fronted cabinetry, SS appliances, quartz counters, SS sink and breakfast bar and pantry
- den/family area on main level is adjacent to kitchen
- Indoor/outdoor ease with brick patio level out from kitchen. Up the exterior spiral stairway potted herbs compliment the outside decks
- Lower level Includes 2 separately divided bedroom suites. One with kitchenette and separate entrance and private entry patio (is a legal separate unit)
- Property is legally classified as a 2-unit property
- 2 car side by side parking further enhances this extraordinary home
- Completely renovated and rebuilt in 2003 preserving original facade
- Conceived and designed by Jonathan Pearlman of Elevation Architects
- Remodeled in late 2017/early 2018:
- Primary bathroom
- Kitchen with new refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, small oven.
- Fireplace surround added
- Custom window treatments (drape/ shades in primary bedroom and shade in guest room)
- Updated guest bathrooms on lower floor
- Refinished wood floors
- New downstairs carpeting
- Custom built-in bookcases added adjacent to fireplace
- New built-in custom window bench/seat in living room
- Custom-made pendant lighting fixtures on main floor (dining; living; kitchen).
- All new recessed can LED lighting throughout.
- Hot water heater (2021)
- New refrigerator in downstairs guest room/ studio in 2022
- New central A/C with air filter system (fall 2020)
- Outdoor landscaping: installed landscaping and planters/ containers and full irrigation system
Eureka Valley and Dolores Heights, which includes the world-renowned Castro district, have a wonderfully rich history as the epicenter of the gay rights movement. Today, the neighborhood is undergoing another transition as the long-standing gay community welcomes young families to the increasingly diverse neighborhood. On the eastern end, coveted Liberty Hill offers tremendous views and one-of-a-kind residences.
Local favorite coffee shops, bars, restaurants and entertainment include Spike's Coffee, Philz, Swirl wine bar, Fable garden restaurant, Mud Puppy's and the Castro Theater. But what makes this a truly treasured location is also its proximity to the Mission and Noe Valley. It is minutes to the beloved Dolores Park, and jsut a little further away are quintessential San Francisco favorite Mission spots like Tartine Bakery, Bi-Rite (creamery and grocery store), Delfina restaurant, Dolores Park Cafe and all the action of Valencia Street. Alternatively, just head south on Noe Street, and it's a short distance to 24th Street and all the Noe Valley favorites, including the Saturday farmer's market.